A hearty game day appetizer that’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser!
- 1 (12-ounce) package King’s Hawaiian Savory Butter Rolls
- 1–1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, cored, seeds removed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef, sliced into strips about an inch wide
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice the rolls in half, place in a baking dish and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add onions and green pepper and saute approximately 7 minutes, or until onions and peppers are tender.
- Add roast beef to mixture and cook for an additional minute to heat roast beef, stirring frequently. Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Spread the mayonnaise evenly over the bottom rolls and on the bottoms of the top rolls.
- Spread the beef, onion and pepper mixture evenly over the bottom rolls. Evenly top with the 6 slices of provolone cheese.
- Place top rolls over beef mixture and cheese. Brush tops of rolls with melted butter.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 10 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Slice rolls and serve hot.