This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
Who else loves a delicious dinner that comes together in under 45 minutes? These easy One Skillet Italian Pork Chops are quick, easy and unforgettably delicious!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
You’ll fall in love when you take the first bite… trust me on this! These pork chops are LOADED with flavor and the recipe is so versatile.
Another great thing I love about this recipe is that it’s prepared in one skillet for easy cleanup… YES!
How versatile is this pork chop recipe?
Extremely! Serve with your favorite pasta or rice if desired, but this is definitely a satisfying meal on its own.
I used marinara sauce (that’s what I had on-hand), but feel free to use your favorite pasta sauce.
You can use bone-in or boneless pork chops, just be sure to adjust cooking time according to the size of the pork chops.
- 2 thick cut bone-in pork chops (about 3/4 to 1-inch thick and approx 1–3/4 pounds total)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cored, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons freshly minced garlic
- 2 cups marinara sauce (or your favorite pasta sauce)
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with juices
- Pinch crushed red pepper
- 1–1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish (if desired)
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Brown pork chops, cooking approximately 2 minutes on each side. Remove pork chops from skillet, place on a plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet, cook zucchini, red bell pepper and onion until zucchini is crisp-tender (about 3-4 minutes), stirring frequently.
- Add garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds.
- Add marinara sauce, diced tomatoes, crushed red pepper, Italian seasoning and bay leaf. Stir to combine.
- Return pork chops to skillet and coat with sauce mixture. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until pork chops are fully cooked. Remove and discard bay leaf.
- Serve topped with fresh chopped parsley, if desired.
The National Pork Board recommends cooking pork chops to an internal temperature of 145-160 degrees F.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Italian pork chops, one skillet Italian pork chops, Italian pork chops recipe