So, you guys are probably wondering if I cook anymore. Truth is, I’ve had a few life changes and haven’t cooked as much as I normally do. But now that I’m all settled and cooler weather is upon us, it’s on starting with these Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
I joke that every winter, I get my extra layer of “winter fluff”. I can’t help it; my love for comfort food takes over as the temperature drops. Somehow, exercise has helped to keep it under control.
Let’s hope this year is not an exception.
I recently experimented with making homemade Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies. My love for Nutella makes my mind race thinking of ways I can integrate it into everyday foods. I have a few more ideas…but for now, it’s cookies I’m concerned with. 🙂
Of course, I start with my beloved KitchenAid mixer. On medium speed, I mixed butter (at room temperature), Nutella Hazelnut Spread, egg (and an egg yolk), vanilla extract, light brown sugar and granulated sugar until creamy (about 1 minute).
In a large bowl, I whisked together all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Then I slowly added it to the Nutella butter mixture in the mixer, mixing slowly until all the ingredients were incorporated. Semi-sweet chocolate chips were added last, and I used a large spoon to stir them into the cookie dough.
Using a cookie scoop, I placed the dough about 2 inches apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. If you don’t have a cookie scoop, it equals out to about a tablespoon. Flatten the dough using the back of a spoon. I also added some extra chocolate chips on top of the dough for the “pretty factor”. 🙂
Bake in a 325 degree preheated oven for approximately 14 minutes, or until cookies are browned around the edges.
Cool on the baking sheet, then transfer to a cookie wire rack. Repeat with your remaining cookie dough. Makes approximately 3 dozen cookies.Print
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons Nutella Hazelnut Spread
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line baking/cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixer on medium speed, mix butter, sugars, vanilla & Nutella until smooth, about 1 minute. Add egg & egg yolk and mix again until blended.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt until combined well. Slowly add flour mixture to butter/Nutella mixture, beating on low speed until incorporated well.
- Add chocolate chips last, stirring with a large spoon to evenly distribute throughout dough.
- Place batter onto cookie sheet using a cookie scoop, or by level tablespoons. Using the back of a spoon, flatten dough.
- Bake for approximately 14 minutes, or until edges of cookies are browned. Cool on the cookie sheet & transfer to a wire rack. Store in an airtight container.