Sometimes we just need some hearty meat and potatoes… and we need it to be easy and to taste amazing. That’s why I’m sharing with you this simple and delicious recipe for Lemon-Herb Chicken and Potatoes.
Sign up for my email subscription and never miss a recipe!
You guys. This is one of the most simple and amazing recipes for chicken I’ve ever placed upon my taste buds. No lie. AND It’s a perfect day to share my new favorite chicken recipe… because today is my blog’s 4th birthday!
I can’t believe 4 years ago today I hit the publish button on my very first recipe and launched this little blog of mine. So much has happened since then and I can’t believe how far it has come.
What started out as a hobby has turned into a career that I never thought would be possible back then. So thank you to my readers that have helped this dream of mine to come true.
This chicken recipe feeds about 4 people, depending upon their appetites. I used 3 pounds of chicken (legs and thighs) which was 7 pieces of chicken (4 thighs and 3 legs). You can half the recipe, but I would recommend to use the same amount of ingredients for the sauce because it’s just that good… it’s so amazing with crusty French bread!
The only other dish you’ll need besides a roasting pan to prepare this recipe is a bowl to mix the sauce ingredients in. If you half the recipe you should be able to use a large cast iron skillet instead of a roasting pan.
This is a perfect recipe for busy weeknights (especially during the holiday season!) or for entertaining with minimal cleanup. Crisp-tender chicken in a savory citrus sauce with herbs is ALWAYS a winner! 🙂Print
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 small lemons, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2–1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 pounds chicken thighs and/or legs (bone-in and skin-on)
- 1–1/2 pounds baby red potatoes
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F. Place first 8 ingredients in a medium bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Place a roasting pan over 2 burners on your stove top. Add 2-1/2 tablespoons olive oil and heat over medium heat. Season chicken with your desired amount of salt and pepper. Place potatoes and chicken in pan (skin side down). Cook for about 8-10 minutes, or until chicken is browned on skin side. Turn chicken and evenly pour sauce mixture over chicken and potatoes.
- Bake (uncovered) for 45-50 minutes, or until chicken is done and potatoes are tender.
Adapted from Southern Living