If you love easy and delicious chicken recipes like I do, you definitely need to put these Herb Breaded Chicken Fingers on your upcoming menu for the week!
Today’s recipe is sponsored by House-Autry, a brand that has been used in my family for generations. All opinions shared are my own.
What I love most about this recipe is that these chicken tenders are crispy on the outside and tender and juicy on the inside. I’ve always had a weakness for fried foods — you won’t miss the crispiness of traditional fried chicken in this recipe!
The honey mustard dipping sauce I made for these chicken tenders is so easy to make, but if you want to opt out of another few steps in this recipe, you can always dip ’em in House-Autry Honey Mustard Dippin’ Sauce. I just happened to have all of the ingredients on-hand to make it myself.
With the chicken fingers, I started out by dipping sliced boneless, skinless chicken breast pieces in a mixture of butter, olive oil and garlic. Then I dredged them in the Southern Baked Chicken Coating Mix with added fresh rosemary, parsley, basil and pepper. After that it’s as simple as placing them on a baking sheet and baking for about 20 minutes.
These chicken tenders are perfect as a game day appetizer or for dinner with a salad.Print
Oven baked, crispy on the outside and tender on the inside chicken fingers with a sweet and tangy dipping sauce!
For the honey mustard sauce:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
For the chicken fingers:
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (6 ounce) box House Autry Southern Baked Chicken Seasoned Coating Mix
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 3/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3 to 4 inch strips
- Prepare honey mustard sauce by whisking all ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to allow flavors to mingle.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix chicken coating mix, pepper, rosemary, basil and parsley by stirring well with a spoon to combine. Set aside.
- Place butter, olive oil and garlic powder in a small saucepan over medium heat and melt. Stir to combine. Dip chicken tenders in butter mixture, dredge in herb chicken coating mix (covering well) and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until cooked through. Serve with honey mustard sauce.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: breaded chicken fingers