Guess what?! This weekend is my blog’s birthday… she’ll be FIVE years old on Sunday! I couldn’t think of a better way to celebrate than with this Easy Peppermint Martini.
I still can’t believe it’s been 5 years! This cocktail was actually the very first drink I posted on the blog in December 2011… I didn’t even take pictures of it. I’m always in charge of the cocktails at my mama’s on Christmas Eve night and these festive martinis are always included.
What started out as a hobby and creative outlet has eventually turned into my life and passion. I never thought I’d have a career in this little blog of mine and am so thankful every single day.
All there is to making this cocktail is vanilla vodka combined with peppermint schnapps and simple syrup. I add a splash of grenadine for the pretty red color effect… so festive!
And of course the crushed peppermint for rimming the glasses is a MUST. Cheers and Merry Christmas to you and your family!Print
A simple and delicious festive cocktail!
- Honey, for rimming glasses
- Crushed peppermint or candy canes
- 3 parts vanilla vodka
- 1/2 part peppermint schnapps
- 2 parts simple syrup
- Splash of grenadine
- Fresh mint sprigs and candy canes for garnish (optional)
- Pour honey onto a plate (about 2 tablespoons) and dip rim of martini glass in honey to coat. Place crushed peppermint on a separate plate and coat rim of glass.
- Pour vanilla vodka, peppermint schnapps and simple syrup in a shaker with ice. Shake vigorously and strain into martini glass. Pour splash of grenadine on top.
- Garnish with mint sprig and candy cane, if desired.
- Category: Cocktails
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: peppermint martini
Originally published December 23, 2011 and updated December 9, 2016.