- 1 (2-1/2 to 3 pound) chicken
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons sage
- 1/2 tablespoon dill
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 package of Anne’s Dumplings
- In a large stock pot cover chicken with water.
- Add all ingredients (except pastries and cream of chicken soup) and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until chicken juices run clear, approximately 35-40 minutes.
- Remove chicken from bone and return chicken meat to pot.
- Add cream of chicken soup and stir well to incorporate. Return to a boil.
- Add frozen pastry, 4-5 slices at a time, bringing back to a boil, then add more pastry, using entire package (add more water if needed).
- Simmer (covered) on low heat for 15-20 minutes.