Creamy Tuscan Salmon in a garlicky cream sauce with spinach and sun dried tomatoes is a quick and easy seafood dinner. Serve it with a salad or over pasta!
- 4 salmon fillets (about 1–1/2 pounds, skin removed)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (more or less, to taste)
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper (more or less, to taste)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup sun dried tomatoes in oil, drained and thinly sliced (about half of an 8.5-ounce jar)
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3 cups tightly packed fresh spinach
- Season both sides of salmon with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Place salmon fillets in pan (flesh side down) and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your preference (will depend upon thickness of fillets).
- Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add garlic to skillet and cook until fragrant, stirring constantly (about 30 seconds).
- Add chicken broth, cream, sun dried tomatoes, Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning. Stir well to combine.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently. Add spinach, stir and continue to simmer until spinach is wilted and sauce is slightly thickened (about 1-2 minutes).
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Return salmon fillets to skillet and serve topped with cream sauce.
Consuming raw or undercooked meats, poultry, seafood, shellfish, eggs or unpasteurized milk may increase your risk of foodborne illness.
- Category: Seafood
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: creamy tuscan salmon, tuscan salmon recipe