So comforting and satisfying, this hearty Baked Ziti is your go-to recipe when you’re craving cheesy, meaty pasta.
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
Comfort food at its finest, and this recipe feeds 6-8 people. I was able to share this with three different friends to take home for dinner! There is some prep time involved, but trust me… it’s totally worth it. Totally.
All of this rainy weather we’ve had here on the east coast recently has had me craving comfort food and this definitely hit the spot. The leftovers also re-heat extremely well the next day.
- 1 (16-ounce) package ziti, cooked according to package directions just until al dente
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped (about 1-1/2 cups chopped)
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 (24-ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced provolone cheese
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 heaping tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Liberally spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Begin cooking pasta. Cook ground beef, onion and green pepper in a skillet over medium high heat, crumbling beef as it cooks with a wooden spoon until browned. Drain off grease. Add spaghetti sauce and stir well to combine. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Evenly spread 1/2 of the cooked ziti in bottom of baking dish. Evenly place slices of provolone cheese over ziti. Spread sour cream over provolone cheese. Spread 1/2 of sauce over provolone cheese. Layer remaining ziti, mozzarella cheese and remaining sauce mixture. Evenly sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and uncover. Return to oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbling around edges.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley, if desired.
Adapted from Allrecipes