I’ve discovered my new favorite way to enjoy fresh tomatoes with this super-easy recipe for Baked Parmesan Tomatoes!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
I can’t begin to tell you enough how delicious these are. Oh, and they’re ready in just 15 minutes from start to finish! Pair these tomatoes with a leafy green garden salad and crusty French bread for the ultimate light summer meal!
My boyfriend and I were visiting with his dad and step mom out of town this weekend. When we went into the kitchen to eat lunch, I saw these vibrant beautiful tomatoes on the counter. I asked if I could slice one up and eat it with my meal… I LOVE tomatoes, especially during the summertime!
On the way home while browsing recipes on my phone (I wasn’t driving, of course!) I stumbled across a recipe similar to this and it looked so good I knew I had to try it (recipe credit on recipe card below). I put my own little spin on the recipe and it was amazing to say the least!
If you’re a tomato and cheese lover like me, these are a MUST MAKE! Enjoy!
- 4 medium tomatoes sliced in half horizontally
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place tomatoes cut side up on a ungreased rimmed baking sheet.
- Sprinkle tops of tomatoes evenly with cheese, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Drizzle evenly with olive oil.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until tomatoes are tender and cheese is melted and lightly golden in color. Sprinkle with chopped fresh basil and serve immediately.
If provided, nutritional info is a courtesy, is not guaranteed and should only be considered as a guideline.