I had the pleasure of visiting Three Dog Bakery in New Orleans several years ago. Being from a small town in NC, let me tell you, it was an experience to say the least. It doesn’t take much when you come from the boondocks (don’t get me wrong; I love my neck of the woods).
After organizing my pantry this week, I was faced with a surplus of canned pineapple. A recipe in the Three Dog Bakery Cookbook helped me to knock out one of those cans.
In one bowl, whisk all purpose flour, baking soda & baking powder. In another bowl, whisk olive oil, molasses, canned crushed pineapple (drained), vanilla extract and an egg.
I’m giving away a copy of this Three Dog Bakery Cookbook with over 50 dog treat recipes (and awesome photographs)!
One lucky random winner will be chosen on Thursday, June 14, 2012 via Random.org. This contest is now closed. Congratulations to the lucky winner, Liz!
All you have to do to enter is leave a comment and tell me about your dog (or doggies), or even a past doggy that’s playing at the Rainbow Bridge with my Ginger. I’m a dog lover and would love to hear about yours. The contest is open to residents of USA and Canada. Dog people are cool. 🙂
- (1) 8 ounce can crushed pineapple, drained
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup molasses
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl whisk flour, baking soda & baking powder.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk molasses, olive oil & vanilla. Add drained pineapple & stir well to combine.
- Add liquid pineapple mixture to flour mixture & stir well with a spoon to combine.
- Drop by tablespoons full onto a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container.