So I woke up at 3 am & couldn’t sleep for the life of me. Not wanting to get out of bed, I grabbed my phone & started surfing the web. You know those kind of nights. I came across this recipe for chicken pot pie cups & thought, “how cool is that?”. But I grew up liking beef pot pies. So I used the idea & made these beef pot pie cupcakes.
These little babies can be an appetizer, snack or meal…..you name it. If you have kids, I know they’d love joining in on the action. And they’re super simple to make.
All you’re gonna need is 12 Pillsbury Grands canned biscuits, 1/4 pound browned ground beef, frozen mixed veggies, shredded cheddar cheese, Worcestershire sauce, cream of mushroom soup, garlic powder & pepper.
In a large bowl, mix browned ground beef, cream of mushroom soup, frozen veggies, cheese, garlic, Worcestershire & pepper. Stir well to combine.
Spray cooking spray in a muffin tin & form biscuits like so:
Spoon the mixture into the biscuit “cupcake” & sprinkle with a little extra cheese on top……
Yeah. Bake ‘em in the oven for 12-15 minutes……
Okay, so I might have gone a little overboard with the cheeeeessseee. Who cares?
- 1/4 pound lean ground beef, browned & drained well
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounce) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 12 Pillsbury Grands home style refrigerated biscuits
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients except biscuits. Reserve half of the cheese for topping.
- Spray muffin tin with cooking spray. Form biscuits to each muffin cup.
- Evenly spoon beef mixture into each cup. Top with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until biscuits are golden brown & cheese is melted.
Adapted from Between3Sisters.com