I discovered that I had a half of a 5 lb. bag of red potatoes that I needed to cook before they went “bad”. And I don’t like to waste food So I baked them up with some fresh rosemary and Parmesan cheese. Here’s how you do it: First, wash and scrub your potatoes. Since my potatoes had been in my pantry a little while, they had those little “eyes” on them. So, if you have any of those “eyes” on your potatoes, remove them with the tip of a potato peeler.
Then you’ll place the potatoes in a baking dish, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and additional salt and pepper (if desired) and bake these little tasty nuggets. Following is the printable version of this yummy potato recipe:
- 2 1/2 to 3 lbs red potatoes
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse and scrub potatoes. Remove any "eyes" from potatoes with the tip of a potato peeler.
- Slice potatoes in little chunks about 1 1/2 inches in size.
- Place potatoes in 1 gallon plastic storage bag.
- Add olive oil, garlic, salt & pepper, and rosemary to bag.
- Shake & massage the bag to distribute olive oil and seasonings over potatoes.
- Place potatoes in baking dish & sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered for approximately 35 minutes, or until potatoes are golden brown and tender.