This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
This sweet and savory lemonade cocktail is incredibly delicious!
I am a lemonade LOVER when the weather warms up. I love it even more when it is infused with herbs… and whiskey.
I have had several lemonade cocktails in my life… but nothing like this. Just by adding a few sprigs of fresh thyme leaves and some ground ginger to a mixture in a saucepan, you can create a spiked lemonade that is unforgettable.
It’s that “extra mile” that you go to make something super-special. We can all relate with that.
Cheers from me to you… and I hope you enjoy this cocktail as much as I have over the years!Print
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 thyme leaf sprigs
- 2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 1 shot whiskey (per glass)
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine water, sugar ginger and thyme. Stir until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Remove and discard thyme sprigs. Pour into pitcher and add lemon juice. Stir well to combine.
- Add whiskey to a glass with ice. Top with prepared lemonade. Stir to combine.
- Category: Cocktails
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: whiskey ginger thyme lemonade
Adapted from ImbibeMagazine.com