Lord. Have. Mercy.
I swear I told myself I wouldn’t drink Thirsty Thursday drinks right before posting the recipe.
I’ve actually thought a time or two that I should have named my blog “The Blond Lush” because it seems like I’ve only posted drinks for a while now. Truth is, I made an awesome homemade German Chocolate Cake here recently that I’m going to share with you soon. Until then, you’ll have to deal with this cocktail.
That’s not so bad, is it?
I recently was assigned an article for SheKnows.com the other day about different types of lemonade recipes. One of the lemonade recipes I made was Strawberry Lemonade.
Well, you know me. If it can be spiked, I’m on it.
And I was on it.
I made this awesome Strawberry Lemonade… then spiked it with Pinnacle’s Strawberry Shortcake Vodka. Thanks, Pinnacle. You freakin’ rock.
This recipe is a little more complicated more than my other cocktail recipes. That’s okay, because you can use lemonade concentrate if you don’t feel like squeezing the crap out of lemons to make lemonade. I know we’re all short on time… especially when it’s time to get our drink on.
So, I’m gonna cut to the chase and tell you how I made this awesome cocktail. Do yourself a favor and pick up a bottle of Pinnacle Strawberry Shortcake… that stuff rules!
Disclosure: Product was provided to me for review—all opinions shared are my own.Print
- 2 cups sliced fresh sliced strawberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 7 cups water, divided
- 1–1/4 cups lemon juice (about the juice from 6 lemons)
- Pinnacle Strawberry Shortcake Vodka
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, bring strawberries, sugar and 1 cup of water to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Place strawberry mixture in a blender or food processor and puree; set aside and allow to cool.
- In a pitcher, mix lemon juice, 6 cups of water and strawberry syrup. This is your Strawberry Lemonade.
- In a glass over ice, mix 1 part Pinnacle Strawberry Shortcake Vodka with 3 parts Strawberry Lemonade.