Holiday celebrations are in full effect right now, so today I’m sharing one of my favorite party appetizers: Slow Cooker Crab and Artichoke Dip.
I love slow cooker appetizers because they free up your stove AND are easily kept warm throughout the party. A win-win situation!
I have three slow cookers and I used a 2 quart slow cooker for this recipe. This recipe yields about 6 ½ cups of crab dip, enough for about 12 people if each person gets a little over ½ cup each (sorry, I love crab dip and tend to over-indulge!).
The reason I used a smaller slow cooker is because I’ve read that your slow cooker needs to be approximately ½ to ⅔ full to evenly heat and cook. If you use a larger slow cooker, this recipe will take less time.
I’ve been making this recipe for years, adding a little of this and a little of that until I got the taste like I wanted it… I’ve never measured the ingredients until now. Feel free to add more or less of the seasonings to your personal preference.
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- 16 ounces can lump crab meat drained
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 ½ teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning and additional for topping
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ⅔ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 14 ounce can artichoke hearts well drained and roughly chopped
- 1 green onion sliced
- In a 2 quart slow cooker, stir together all ingredients (except green onions) until combined.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 2 to 2 ½ hours, or until bubbly and heated through. Sprinkle with additional Old Bay Seasoning and sliced green onions. Serve with toasted baguette slices or crackers.
If provided, nutritional info is a courtesy, is not guaranteed and should only be considered as a guideline.