Holiday celebrations are in full effect right now, so today I’m sharing one of my favorite party appetizers: Slow Cooker Crab and Artichoke Dip.
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
Yesssss! I love slow cooker appetizers because they free up your stove AND are easily kept warm throughout the party. A win-win situation!
I have 3 slow cookers and I used a 2-quart slow cooker for this recipe. This recipe yields about 6-1/2 cups of crab dip, enough for about 13 people if each person gets around 1/2 cup each (sorry, I love crab dip and tend to over-indulge!). The reason I used a smaller slow cooker is because I’ve read that your slow cooker needs to be approximately 1/2 to 2/3 full to evenly heat and cook. If you use a larger slow cooker, this recipe will take less time.
I’ve been making this recipe for years, adding a little of this and a little of that until I got the taste like I wanted it… I’ve never measured the ingredients until now. Feel free to add more or less of the seasonings to your personal preference. Enjoy! 🙂Print
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (16-ounce) can lump crab meat, drained
- 2 teaspoons freshly minced garlic
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning, and additional for topping
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, well drained and roughly chopped
- 1 green onion, sliced
- In a 2-quart slow cooker, stir together all ingredients (except green onions) until combined.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 2-1/2 hours, or until bubbly and heated through. Sprinkle with additional Old Bay Seasoning and sliced green onions. Serve with toasted baguette slices or crackers.