This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
I’m fortunate enough to live on the coast of NC where fresh, local seafood is abundant and plentiful. If you enjoy scallops as much as I do, you’re going to LOVE this easy recipe: Seared Scallops with Pineapple Avocado Salsa.
Sign up for my email subscription and never miss a recipe!
I had leftover fresh pineapple from the Pineapple Jalapeño Margaritas, so I made Pineapple Avocado Salsa. I’ve had this intense craving for sea scallops lately (I LOVE scallops!). Actually I love pretty much any kind of fresh seafood. Luckily, there’s a market right around the corner from my home that sells locally caught fresh seafood.
Oh how I love scallops! Aren’t they beautiful?! 🙂
This meal is not only amazingly delicious, it comes together so easily. You can serve the scallops and pineapple avocado salsa over rice, a salad, or eat it plain (the combination is awesome!).
What’s your favorite way to eat scallops?Print
- Optional: Cooked rice or salad greens
For the pineapple avocado salsa:
- 2 cups cubed pineapple (fresh or canned)
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and cubed
- ⅓ cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
For the seared scallops:
- 10–12 sea scallops (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, cubed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- Prepare the pineapple avocado salsa by placing all ingredients in a medium bowl and gently tossing to combine. Cover and refrigerate while preparing the scallops.
- Rinse scallops and pat dry with a paper towel. Season both sides of scallops with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add scallops. While scallops are cooking on first side, add butter and lemon juice. Cook on each side for approximately 2-1/2 minutes, or until browned and crisp. Remove from skillet and serve over pineapple avocado salsa.