I’m fortunate enough to live on the coast of NC where fresh, local seafood is abundant and plentiful. If you enjoy scallops as much as I do, you’re going to LOVE this easy recipe: Seared Scallops with Pineapple Avocado Salsa.
Sign up for my email subscription and never miss a recipe!
I had leftover fresh pineapple from the Pineapple Jalapeño Margaritas, so I made Pineapple Avocado Salsa. I’ve had this intense craving for sea scallops lately (I LOVE scallops!). Actually I love pretty much any kind of fresh seafood. Luckily, there’s a market right around the corner from my home that sells locally caught fresh seafood.
Oh how I love scallops! Aren’t they beautiful?! 🙂
This meal is not only amazingly delicious, it comes together so easily. You can serve the scallops and pineapple avocado salsa over rice, a salad, or eat it plain (the combination is awesome!).
What’s your favorite way to eat scallops?Print
- Optional: Cooked rice or salad greens
For the pineapple avocado salsa:
- 2 cups cubed pineapple (fresh or canned)
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and cubed
- ⅓ cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
For the seared scallops:
- 10-12 sea scallops (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, cubed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- Prepare the pineapple avocado salsa by placing all ingredients in a medium bowl and gently tossing to combine. Cover and refrigerate while preparing the scallops.
- Rinse scallops and pat dry with a paper towel. Season both sides of scallops with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add scallops. While scallops are cooking on first side, add butter and lemon juice. Cook on each side for approximately 2-1/2 minutes, or until browned and crisp. Remove from skillet and serve over pineapple avocado salsa.