For the salsa:
- 2 cups cubed pineapple (fresh or canned)
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and cubed
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
For the seared scallops:
- 10 to 12 sea scallops (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, cubed
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Cooked rice or salad greens (optional)
- Prepare the pineapple avocado salsa by placing all salsa ingredients in a medium bowl and gently tossing to combine. Cover and refrigerate while preparing the scallops.
- Rinse scallops and pat dry with a paper towel. Season both sides of scallops with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add scallops. While scallops are cooking on first side, add butter and lemon juice. Cook on each side for approximately 2 1/2 minutes, or until browned and crisp.
- Remove from skillet and serve over pineapple avocado salsa.
- Category: Seafood
- Method: Fry
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: seared scallops with pineapple avocado salsa