Anyone who knows me knows that I have a love for potatoes. And bacon. And cheese. Oh, and sour cream.
So here goes my healthy resolutions for 2013 blown out the freakin’ window. Oh well. I just couldn’t resist making these Old Bay Potato Skins!
Sign up for my email subscription and never miss a recipe!
My mama recently gifted me with The Pioneer Woman Cooks Cookbook. I must say that I love EVERY single recipe and want to cook them all!
Of course, these potato skins won me over first. The main thing I changed about them was that I used Old Bay Seasoning to rub ’em down instead of kosher salt.
And they rocked.
The first step of the love is frying up some thick sliced bacon.
Then rubbing some russet potatoes down with olive oil and baking for about 50 minutes, or until a fork is easily inserted.
Slice the potatoes lengthwise and scoop out the potato flesh with a spoon or cookie scoop. Leave a little bit of potato…you don’t want just skin, do you?
Using a basting brush, brush the scooped-out potatoes liberally with olive oil, then sprinkle with Old Bay Seasoning. Bake on both sides for 7 minutes (each side, cut side down first).
Sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon, then re-bake until the cheese is melted. Top with sour cream and sliced green onions. Enjoy! 🙂Print
- 8 slices thick cut bacon, fried & crumbled
- 8 russet potatoes
- Olive oil
- Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Fry bacon and place on paper towels to drain & cool. Crumble bacon when cooled.
- Wash and scrub potatoes. Rub each potato with olive oil. Place on baking sheet. Bake for approximately 50 minutes to 1 hour, or until fork is inserted easily.
- Slice potatoes length wise and scoop out potato flesh with a spoon or cookie scoop.
- Using a basting brush, brush both sides of potatoes with olive oil.
- Sprinkle both sides of potatoes with Old Bay Seasoning.
- Place potatoes cut side down on baking sheet. Bake for an additional 7 minutes on each side. Sprinkle potatoes evenly with shredded cheddar cheese and bacon pieces.
- Return to oven; bake until cheese is melted.
- Top each potato with sour cream & sliced green onions.
Recipe adapted from The Pioneer Woman Cooks Cookbook