- 8 slices thick cut bacon, fried and crumbled
- 8 russet potatoes
- Olive oil
- Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 green onions, sliced
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Fry bacon over medium heat in a skillet until fully cooked and crispy (about 4 to 5 minutes on each side). Transfer bacon to a plate lined with paper towels to drain and cool. Crumble bacon when cooled.
- Wash and scrub potatoes. Rub each potato with olive oil. Place on baking sheet. Bake for approximately 50 minutes to 1 hour, or until fork is inserted easily.
- Slice potatoes lengthwise and scoop out potato flesh with a spoon or cookie scoop.
- Using a basting brush, brush both sides of potatoes with olive oil.
- Sprinkle both sides of potatoes with Old Bay Seasoning.
- Place potatoes cut side down on baking sheet. Bake for an additional 7 minutes on each side. Sprinkle potatoes evenly with shredded cheddar cheese and bacon pieces.
- Return to oven and bake until cheese is melted.
- Top each potato with sour cream and sliced green onions.
Recipe adapted from The Pioneer Woman Cooks Cookbook
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: loaded potato skins