- 3 cups fresh corn (from 3 to 4 ears)
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeds removed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/3 cup loosely packed chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Mix all ingredients (except olive oil) in a large bowl with a large spoon.
- Form mixture into patties, about 1/2 cup each. Add additional flour, if needed to hold patties together.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Fry until golden brown on each side for 3-4 minutes. Drain on paper towels to absorb excess oil.
Inspired by Closet Cooking