This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HogWildThrowdown #CollectiveBias
When I was recently invited to work with Smithfield® Pork to create a grilled pork ribs recipe in participation with the the Hog Wild Smithfield Throwdown, I was so excited to make these amazingly tender, juicy and flavorful Honey Soy Grilled Pork Ribs!
Grilling ribs isn’t really as hard as I once thought it was. It seems like everyone has a certain way they like to grill them and make the process sound complicated, but the way I grilled these turned out phenomenal!
I absolutely LOVE summer grilling! Sweet, spicy and savory, this recipe is one of my favorite ways to grill ribs.
I used a disposable aluminum pan for my drip pan and grilled the ribs over ambient heat.
The rub I use for this recipe is a very simple mixture of garlic powder, ground ginger, onion powder, salt and pepper. The honey soy sauce is brushed on during the last 30 minutes of grilling.
These ribs are SO TENDER! So no matter your level of experience with grilling ribs, you’re sure be the grill master. 🙂
There is absolutely no reason for you NOT to grill these ribs this summer, this recipe is so very easy.
- 1 (4-pound) slab Smithfield® Extra Tender St. Louis Style Ribs
For the rub:
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
For the honey soy sauce:
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Optional sliced green onions and sesame seeds.
- Prepare the rub by stirring rub ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Rinse ribs and pat dry. Remove the membrane from the back of the slab by slicing into it with a butter knife and pulling to remove (hint: using a paper towel to grab onto the membrane will keep it from slipping your grip).
- Cut slab into 6 to 7 rib sections and rub generously with rub. Place on a baking sheet and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Prepare honey soy sauce by whisking sauce ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Prepare charcoal and brush and oil grill grate when ready to cook. Grill ribs (bone side down) over medium indirect heat (about 325 degrees F) for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, covered.
- During the last 30 minutes of grilling, baste with sauce 3 to 4 times.
- Remove from grill and garnish with sliced green onions and sesame seeds, if desired.
According to the USDA, the safe minimum internal temperature for pork ribs is 145 °F and allow to rest for at least 3 minutes.
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: honey soy grilled pork ribs