This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
This Creamy Turkey and Mushroom Soup is a great way to use leftover turkey from Thanksgiving… it’s quick, simple and delicious!
This soup is hearty enough to eat as a meal, but don’t forget the crusty French bread for the creamy and flavorful broth. The best part is that the prep time is just 10 minutes since your turkey is already cooked!
I don’t know about your family, but we always have a lot of turkey left over from Thanksgiving (I fill up on the side dishes!). Full of turkey, veggies and mushrooms, this soup is a perfect way to recycle leftover turkey (especially if you’re a fan of mushrooms!).
How Long Does This Leftover Turkey Soup Last In The Fridge?
This soup is good for up to 3 days in the fridge when stored properly in a covered container.
This Creamy Turkey and Mushroom Soup is a delicious way to use leftover Thanksgiving turkey!
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup peeled and chopped carrots (chopped into about 1/4-inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1–1/2 cups chopped yellow onion
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms, rinsed (I used baby bella)
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (32-ounce) container low sodium chicken broth (4 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 3 cups fully cooked shredded turkey
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (more or less, to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (more or less, to taste)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Melt butter over medium heat in a dutch oven or large soup pot. Add carrots, celery and onion. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add mushrooms and garlic. Continue to cook, stirring frequently, until mushrooms are tender (about 4 to 5 minutes).
- Slowly add flour while stirring to combine. Add chicken broth, thyme and turkey. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring frequently. Cover and reduce heat as necessary (medium low or low) to maintain a simmer.
- Simmer for approximately 15 minutes (stirring occasionally), or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in cream, salt and pepper. Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley, if desired.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Simmer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: leftover turkey soup recipe, leftover turkey soup