Some of the best things in life happen by accident, like this refreshing Coconut Orange Daiquiri.
And they’re ohhhhh so simple.
I love those times. When you just want something good, are forced to improvise, and throw it together like a champ. Like you planned it all out.
Yeah… I made that awesome drink.
After coming home from my mom’s tonight, I decided I wanted to blend something up and came up with this daiquiri with what I had on-hand.
All you’re gonna need is ice, orange juice, cream of coconut and light rum. If you want to get all fancy, rim that glass with shredded coconut and top with a maraschino cherry.
- 2 tablespoons honey or light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 3 cups ice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup cream of coconut
- 1/2 cup light rum
- Maraschino cherry, for garnish (optional)
- Pour the light corn syrup on a small plate. Place coconut in a separate plate. Dip rim of glass in corn syrup, then in the coconut to coat evenly.
- In a blender, blend ice, orange juice, rum and cream of coconut until smooth.
- Pour into rimmed glass and top with a maraschino cherry, if desired.
- Category: Cocktails
- Cuisine: Cuban
Keywords: coconut orange daiquiri