All of the chicken Parmesan flavors you love in an easy and convenient casserole!
- 12 ounces penne pasta (approximately 4 cups dry pasta), cooked according to package directions and drained
- 2 cups cooked shredded or cubed chicken
- 1 (24-ounce) jar marinara sauce, divided
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Chopped fresh parsley or basil, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×13 baking dish or spray with cooking spray.
- Stir cooked pasta, cooked chicken, 2 cups marinara sauce, diced tomatoes with juices, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and pepper in a large bowl until combined.
- Spoon into prepared baking dish. Spoon remaining 1 cup of marinara sauce over mixture and spread as evenly as possible with back of spoon. Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes, remove from oven and carefully remove foil. Sprinkle evenly with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese, remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, and panko breadcrumbs.
- Return to oven and bake (uncovered) for an additional 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley or basil, if desired.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: chicken parmesan casserole, chicken parm casserole