Chicken meets caprese and pasta in this amazingly delicious Caprese Chicken Pasta Casserole!
Today’s recipe is sponsored by Lipton Iced Tea. All opinions shared are my own.
If you’re a caprese lover like me, you’re going to love this cheesy pasta casserole full of chicken and tomatoes. Top it off with lots of fresh basil and drizzle with balsamic vinegar for the ultimate caprese-inspired casserole.
Summer is my favorite season and I enjoy entertaining so much during the summer months. I love my little cottage, but my kitchen is so tiny that when I cook for more than 3-4 people, it has to be an outside event.
I’m so looking forward to the new house in next month because the kitchen and dining room will accommodate more people for indoor summer entertaining if it’s too hot outside! Oh, and there’s what I’ve named the “party room” downstairs with a cook top, indoor grill, refrigerator, sink, bar and restroom… I’m so excited I could just burst! We’re having a “new house party” with lots of food in the party room on my birthday weekend in August. You can count on Lipton Iced Tea being on the menu!
Lipton Iced Tea has a flavor variety for every meal. I paired Lipton Green Tea Citrus Iced Tea with this casserole… can you say REFRESHING?!
What is your favorite way to enjoy summertime meals with family, friends and Lipton Iced Tea?Print
Caprese Chicken Pasta Casserole
Chicken meets caprese and pasta in this delicious cheesy casserole. Pair it with Lipton Iced Tea for a refreshing summertime meal!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into ½-inch cubes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (24-ounce) jar of your favorite marinara sauce
- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, divided
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, sliced in half, divided
- 1 pound penne pasta, cooked al dente according to package directions and drained
- ⅓ cup loosely packed chopped or julienned fresh basil
- Balsamic vinegar, if desired
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a large casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add cubed chicken and cook for approximately 5 minutes, stirring constantly, or until cooked thoroughly. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine marinara, ricotta, half of the mozzarella cheese, ½ cup of the Parmesan cheese, half of the cherry tomatoes and salt and pepper (to taste). Add cooked pasta and cooked chicken and gently stir to combine and coat evenly.
- Pour mixture into casserole dish. Top with the remaining cheeses and evenly distribute remaining tomatoes on top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until cheese is bubbling. Top with fresh basil.
- Drizzle with desired amount balsamic vinegar, if desired.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Lipton. The opinions and text are all mine.