Chicken meets caprese and pasta in this delicious cheesy casserole. Pair it with Lipton Iced Tea for a refreshing summertime meal!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (24-ounce) jar of your favorite marinara sauce
- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, sliced in half, divided
- 1 pound penne pasta, cooked al dente according to package directions and drained
- 1/3 cup loosely packed chopped or julienned fresh basil
- Balsamic vinegar, if desired
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a large casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add cubed chicken and cook for approximately 5 minutes, stirring constantly, or until cooked thoroughly. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine marinara, ricotta, half of the mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese, half of the cherry tomatoes and salt and pepper (to taste). Add cooked pasta and cooked chicken and gently stir to combine and coat evenly.
- Pour mixture into casserole dish. Top with the remaining cheeses and evenly distribute remaining tomatoes on top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until cheese is bubbling. Top with fresh basil.
- Drizzle with desired amount balsamic vinegar, if desired.