There’s no doubt that pizza is my ultimate weakness. I recently made this Barbecue Chicken Pizza in our camper while on our cross-country road trip… it was so simple, quick and delicious!
I was compensated by Tyson® Fresh Chicken for this blog post. All opinions shared are my own!
Tyson Fresh Chicken makes preparing chicken easy… I didn’t have to trim off any excess fat because each piece is hand-trimmed for convenience to save time and effort. Tyson Fresh Chicken is the next best thing to being fresh off the farm, because it arrives at your store fresh, delivered within days from leaving the farm!
We already had a bottle of barbecue sauce in the camper for grilling, so I thought of this simple pizza. I purchased a prepared pizza crust to make it even more “camper friendly”. What’s great about this recipe is that you can recycle leftover chicken into something spectacular the next night!
This is so simple! Spread your favorite barbecue sauce on a prepared pizza crust and top with chicken, red onions, cheese and pineapple (skip the pineapple if you’re not a fan – but I loved it!).
I also drizzled some barbecue sauce over my shredded chicken so that it wouldn’t dry out while baking. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted. (Note: Chicken must be cooked to an internal temperature of 170 degrees for boneless products and 180 degrees for bone in chicken products.)
Top it with some chopped fresh cilantro and you’ve got yourself one easy and delicious pizza. Enjoy!
Barbecue Chicken Pizza
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 1 (12-inch) pizza
An easy and delicious pizza perfect for busy weeknights!
- 1 (12-inch) prepared pizza crust
- ¾ cup barbecue sauce (½ cup for pizza, ¼ cup for drizzling over chicken)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded extra sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium boneless, skinless chicken breast (to yield about 1 cup shredded or cubed cooked chicken)
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- ½ cup sliced red onion
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook approximately 6 minutes on each side or until fully cooked and juices run clear when pierced with a fork.
- Shred or cube chicken. Drizzle ¼ cup of barbecue sauce over cooked chicken and stir gently to evenly coat chicken.
- Spread barbecue sauce over crust. Add cheese, chicken, red onions and pineapple. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Top with chopped fresh cilantro.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 22 minutes
- Category: Pizza
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: barbecue chicken pizza
i posted a tweet here: https://twitter.com/bellows22/status/526570443369508864
my favorite way to prepare chicken is to grill
Tweet – https://twitter.com/willitara/status/526507929952735232
I like starting with either a roasted chicken or grilled pieces. My first meal with be with mashed or baked potatoes, veggie, etc. But the best part if the left overs. I use the chicken to add to my favorite fried rice recipe and to make a stir fry with fresh veggies from the garden.
tbarrettno1 at gmail dot com
I like to fry it
tbarrettno1 at gmail dot com
My favorite way to prepare chicken is baked. I like to use the leftovers for salads and tacos, so I don’t have to cook everyday.