I was recently asked by the J.M. Smucker company to participate in #MixUpAMoment by creating an easy spring recipe with Pillsbury ™ cake mix and icing. These Mandarin Orange Cupcakes are not only quick and easy, they’re amazingly delicious!
Sign up for my email subscription and never miss a recipe!
I am so ready for spring and warmer weather! Once the weather gets warm I’m out and about a LOT more. There is always something to do outdoors here where I live on the coast of NC, whether it’s boating, going to the beach or taking a walk on the waterfront. I also enjoy working in my little yard.
I love the convenience of Pillsbury™ boxed cake mixes because they are affordable, delicious and save me time in the kitchen… because I don’t always have the time to bake from scratch. I picked up a few boxes on my recent Sunday morning trip to Wal Mart.
This spring will be the first spring with my senior rescue boxer dog, Baby. I have LOTS of outdoor plans for us this year! She has been such great company to me and helps me in the kitchen — as you can see she’s begging for some of those sprinkles! I used Pillsbury™ Funfetti Frosting and the sprinkles come with it so you don’t have to buy them separately.
I’ll be making these cupcakes Easter Sunday to take to my mama’s house. They’re so easy I’ll have time to make dessert AND a few side dishes to bring. The hint of mandarin orange flavor takes these cupcakes over the top!
The texture is so moist and light… these are the perfect cupcakes to make for Easter! I used the Vanilla Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Frosting which complemented the orange flavor perfectly.
Discover more ways to #MixUpAMoment by visiting Pillsbury’s Pinterest board for more inspiring recipes. You can also earn cash back on Pillsbury™ Frosting, Cookie Mix, Cake Mix or Brownie Mix by visiting Ibotta.
How do you mix up a moment in the kitchen with your family?
- 1 (15.25-ounce) box Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme Classic White Cake Mix
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (15-ounce) can mandarin oranges in light syrup, undrained
- 1 (15.6-ounce) container Pillsbury™ Funfetti Vanilla Frosting
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Place cupcake liners in 24 cupcake tins (or grease).
- Combine cake mix, oranges with syrup, vegetable oil and eggs in a large bowl. Mix until moistened. Beat with mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Fill cupcake tins or liners ¾ full with batter. Bake for 20-23 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center is removed clean.
- Cool completely before frosting and store loosely covered.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of The J.M. Smucker Company. The opinions and text are all mine.