*** This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of KitchenAid. All opinions and text are mine.
When I was invited to participate in the KitchenAid Apple Challenge, the first thing that crossed my mind was, “How can I make a simple and healthy apple recipe that is perfect for the last days of summer that anyone can make?”. If you’re a regular reader of the blog, you know that my recipes are simple, delicious and easy to follow.
This salad is chock full of granny smith apples, toasted walnuts, golden raisins, red onion and blue cheese. When you flavor it with the homemade sweet and sour poppyseed dressing, it takes it over the top into what’s now my favorite salad incorporating fruit. If you aren’t a fan of poppyseeds, simply omit it in the dressing (it will still be fabulous!).
Are you up for a fun and exciting challenge? Make an original dish using apples, then post a photo and description on Instagram or Twitter using the hashtag #KitchenAidContest. You can also enter online here.
The prize? A private cooking lesson with Food Network’s Chef Zakarian and the new suite of black stainless steel appliances from KitchenAid! Contest dates are from 8/17/15 to 9/14/15. So what are you waiting for? Get on those apple recipes, NOW… I can’t wait to see your creations! #KitchenAidContest
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ⅜ cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons spicy mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ¾ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- ⅜ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 (8-ounce) package fresh baby spinach, washed and stems removed
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, cored and sliced
- 1 cup toasted walnuts
- 1-1/2 cups golden raisins
- 2 cups sliced red onion
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- Pour all ingredients into a medium bowl. Whisk until combined. Set aside.
- Toss all salad ingredients until incorporated. Pour dressing over salad when ready to serve.
From the first-ever black stainless steel to the first-ever five-door refrigerator, KitchenAid pushes the limits with our appliances, so our home cooks can do the same with their cooking. See the revolutionary new line of KitchenAid appliances or visit the Kitchenthusiast™ blog for recipes, tips and more.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of KitchenAid Elite Bloggers. The opinions and text are all mine.