So creamy and flavorful, this Shrimp in Tomato Basil Cream Sauce is incredibly easy (and quick!) to prepare.
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
Who else besides me likes 15 minute dinners? Not only is this recipe pretty much effortless, it can be on the table in just 15 minutes if your shrimp are already peeled and deveined.
I personally don’t mind peeling my own shrimp – I actually enjoy it (for real!). There’s just something peaceful to me about standing at my kitchen sink and peeling shrimp.
But… if you want to save a step and some time, you can purchase your shrimp already peeled and deveined.
Make this meal even heartier by serving it over your favorite pasta. Start heating your water to boil as you begin the prep work and everything should be ready right around the same time.
Looking for more easy shrimp dinner ideas?
Check out all of my shrimp recipes here!Print
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (more or less, to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper (more or less, to taste)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced garlic
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup loosely packed chopped or julienned fresh basil
- Rinse shrimp and pat dry with a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add shrimp and cook for approximately 1-1/2 minutes on each side, or until shrimp have just turned pink on both sides. Transfer shrimp to a plate and set aside (leave any juices in the skillet).
- In the same skillet, add garlic and cook until fragrant, stirring constantly (about 30 seconds).
- Add heavy cream and diced tomatoes with juices, Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning. Stir well to combine.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to maintain a simmer. Simmer for 4-5 minutes, or until slightly thickened (stirring frequently).
- Remove skillet from heat and add fresh basil. Stir to combine. Season cream sauce with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
- Return shrimp to skillet. Serve over your favorite cooked pasta, if desired.
Nutritional info does not include cooked pasta.
- Category: Seafood
- Method: Sauté
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: shrimp in tomato basil cream sauce, tomato cream sauce