- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (more or less, to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper (more or less, to taste)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced garlic
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup loosely packed chopped or julienned fresh basil
- Rinse shrimp and pat dry with a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add shrimp and cook for approximately 1-1/2 minutes on each side, or until shrimp have just turned pink on both sides. Transfer shrimp to a plate and set aside (leave any juices in the skillet).
- In the same skillet, add garlic and cook until fragrant, stirring constantly (about 30 seconds).
- Add heavy cream and diced tomatoes with juices, Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning. Stir well to combine.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to maintain a simmer. Simmer for 4-5 minutes, or until slightly thickened (stirring frequently).
- Remove skillet from heat and add fresh basil. Stir to combine. Season cream sauce with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
- Return shrimp to skillet. Serve over your favorite cooked pasta, if desired.
Nutritional info does not include cooked pasta.
- Category: Seafood
- Method: Sauté
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: shrimp in tomato basil cream sauce, tomato cream sauce