So healthy, yet filling and refreshing… if you’re a shrimp lover like me you’re going to looooovvvveeee this easy Shrimp and Avocado Salad!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
Yes! It doesn’t get much healthier or tastier than this when it comes to shrimp. Have I mentioned how much I love fresh local shrimp?!
I planted my first garden in 6 years at the new house this weekend and realized just how out of shape I was… I mean, there were muscles hurting that I never knew existed! So with being so sore the past couple of days, the last thing I wanted to do was eat a bunch of heavy comfort food like I’ve been doing lately. 😮 I wanted something that would fill me up, taste awesome, but still be good for my body.
Perfectly cooked shrimp, fresh avocado, tomatoes and red onion with an AMAZING homemade vinaigrette was the answer to what I was craving.
So… if my new garden thrives like I’m hoping this fall, be looking for lots more healthy recipes with lettuce, broccoli, cabbage and COLLARDS (my fave!). Enjoy! 🙂Print
Shrimp and Avocado Salad
- Total Time: 19 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 side servings
Shrimp, avocado, tomatoes and red onions in a zesty homemade vinaigrette. So healthy and refreshing!
For the viniagrette:
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons honey
For the salad:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1–½ pounds medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped into about ½-inch pieces (about 3 cups chopped cooked shrimp if you’re buying shrimp pre-cooked)
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 (9-ounce) package cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 3 small avocados, halved, seeded, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients and set aside.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium high heat. Add chopped shrimp and cook, stirring frequently, for about 3 minutes or until shrimp have just turned pink. Drain off any excess juices and transfer shrimp to a plate and allow to cool.
- While shrimp are cooling, slice the vegetables. Place vegetables in a large bowl, add shrimp and stir to combine. Drizzle with vinaigrette and stir again to combine. Sprinkle with chopped fresh cilantro.
Consuming raw or undercooked meats, poultry, seafood, shellfish, eggs or unpasteurized milk may increase your risk of foodborne illness.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 4
I’m going to make this tonight! Hugs for the lovely recipe ♥️
This shrimp salad is one of the tastiest I’ve ever made! We are fortunate to be able to get fresh seafood here on the coast and shrimp is my fav. This salad will be on our menu often. The vinaigrette puts it over the top!
Amy @ The Blond Cook
Thanks so much, Lisa Marie! I love fresh shrimp as well! 🙂