Two of my favorite healthy foods come together in this simple and delicious recipe for Sautéed Kale and Mushrooms.
Sign up for my email subscription and never miss a recipe!
Not only is this recipe healthy and delicious, it’s quick to prepare and extremely affordable. In 15 minutes you’re DONE. How much easier can it get? So there’s no excuse NOT to make this, right?!
Kale is such a powerhouse of vitamins and is so good for you… and you know I add mushrooms to just about anything I can. If you don’t care for them, simply omit them. Sliced red onions are a great addition as well.
This is a beautiful, bright green side dish that will brighten any meal!
No one will ever know you threw this together in 15 minutes, too. I won’t tell if you don’t!Print
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 bunch of kale, rinsed and coarsely chopped (remove any long stems)
- 2/3 cup water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- In a large saucepan or dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and mushrooms. Sauté until mushrooms are tender, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add kale and water. Stir to combine. Cover and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with red wine vinegar.
Adapted from Food Network
Keywords: sauteed kale and mushrooms