This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
Today’s recipe is sponsored by Barilla® Pasta and Aidells® Sausage. All opinions shared are my own.
When I was recently invited to create a recipe using Barilla’s Gluten Free Pasta and Aidells Chicken and Apple Sausage, I immediately knew I wanted to incorporate fresh summer veggies. This recipe for Sausage and Pasta with Summer Vegetables is so light, refreshing and perfect for your summer harvest!
I’m not on a gluten-restricted diet, but I couldn’t believe how good this gluten free pasta tasted – it had the same taste and texture as regular pasta! I have some gluten free friends that I know are going to love it. Barilla® Gluten Free Pasta a blend of corn and rice, and is certified gluten free with no GMO ingredients.
Have I ever mentioned how TINY my kitchen is? It’s literally about 120 square feet. Sometimes it’s challenging (and I sometimes trip over my dog!), but I love my little kitchen.
I purchased my Barilla® Pasta and Aidells® Sausage at Target (I love Target!). I use their digital cartwheel savings with the Cartwheel app to save money. Have you checked it out yet?
One of my favorite moments preparing this recipe was when I browned the sausage with fresh rosemary at the beginning. The smell of the chicken and apple sausage cooking with the aroma of rosemary was amazing! Aidells® Sausage is also gluten free with no added hormones.
Whether you’re on a gluten restricted diet or not, you’ve GOTTA make this. It’s hearty, but not too filling and the rosemary complements the chicken and apple sausage perfectly. Enjoy!Print
- 1 (12-ounce) box Barilla® Gluten Free Penne Pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (12-ounce) package Aidells® Chicken & Apple Sausage, sliced into rounds
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 cups fresh corn
- 1 heaping teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1/2 cup sliced leeks
- 1 small yellow squash, sliced into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- 2 small zucchini, sliced into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add sausage rounds and rosemary and cook for about 3 minutes, or until sausage is lightly browned. Remove sausage and rosemary (leaving oil in skillet), place in a bowl and set aside.
- Add corn, minced garlic and leeks to skillet. Cook about 5 minutes or until corn is tender, stirring occasionally. Return sausage and rosemary to skillet. Add yellow squash, zucchini, chicken broth, salt and pepper. Stir gently to combine. Cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until vegetables are tender. Add tomatoes during the last minute of simmering. Serve over pasta.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Barilla® & Aidells®. The opinions and text are all mine.