Dinner comes together so effortlessly in this One Pot Cheesy Taco Pasta… even the pasta cooks right in with everything!
Sign up for my email subscription and never miss a recipe.
Not only that, this meal is complete in 30 minutes flat. I had to play around with this recipe to get it just like I wanted it, but when I did… WOW! 😮
I just love quick and easy one pot wonders! This pasta is creamy, cheesy and full of taco goodness: hamburger, corn, diced tomatoes with green chilies, onions and garlic. It’s perfect for a busy school night, but don’t worry about the green chilies being too spicy for the kids. The cream cheese added at the end knocks off a lot of the hot flavor.
I literally had to make myself stop eating this taco pasta so I could photograph. This recipe serves 4-6. If everyone’s really hungry, I’d say it serves 4.
In addition to being quick, easy and crazy delicious, it’s also a very economical dinner. Most of the ingredients you probably already have in your fridge and cupboards.
ONE POT Cheesy Taco Pasta – Creamy and cheesy taco pasta in 30 minutes flat!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced garlic
- 2–1/4 cups beef broth
- 2 (10-ounce) cans diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained (RO*TEL)
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 (1-ounce) package taco seasoning
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed and at room temperature (1/2 of an 8-ounce package)
- Fresh chopped cilantro for garnish (optional)
- In a large saucepan or dutch oven, cook ground beef and onion over medium high heat for 5-8 minutes, or until beef is no longer pink. Crumble beef while cooking, stirring frequently. Drain off fat.
- Add beef broth, diced tomatoes and green chilies, frozen corn kernels, taco seasoning and macaroni. Stir well to combine.
- Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to maintain a gentle boil. Cook for an additional 10-12 minutes, or until pasta is done. Stir occasionally while cooking.
- Stir in shredded cheddar cheese and cream cheese until melted and blended. Top with chopped cilantro, if desired.
Be sure to occasionally stir pasta during the last phase of cooking to prevent from sticking to bottom of pot.