ONE POT Cheesy Taco Pasta – Creamy and cheesy taco pasta in 30 minutes flat!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced garlic
- 2–1/4 cups beef broth
- 2 (10-ounce) cans diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained (RO*TEL)
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 (1-ounce) package taco seasoning
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed and at room temperature (1/2 of an 8-ounce package)
- Fresh chopped cilantro for garnish (optional)
- In a large saucepan or dutch oven, cook ground beef and onion over medium high heat for 5-8 minutes, or until beef is no longer pink. Crumble beef while cooking, stirring frequently. Drain off fat.
- Add beef broth, diced tomatoes and green chilies, frozen corn kernels, taco seasoning and macaroni. Stir well to combine.
- Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to maintain a gentle boil. Cook for an additional 10-12 minutes, or until pasta is done. Stir occasionally while cooking.
- Stir in shredded cheddar cheese and cream cheese until melted and blended. Top with chopped cilantro, if desired.
Be sure to occasionally stir pasta during the last phase of cooking to prevent from sticking to bottom of pot.