Creamy and cheesy taco pasta in 30 minutes flat. Just one pot is required for easy cleanup!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 2 1/4 cups beef broth
- 2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained (RO*TEL)
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed and at room temperature (1/2 of an 8 ounce package)
- Chopped fresh cilantro for garnish (optional)
- In a large saucepan or dutch oven, cook ground beef and onion over medium high heat for 5 to 8 minutes, or until beef is no longer pink. Crumble beef while cooking, stirring frequently. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, while continuing to stir (about 30 seconds). Drain off fat.
- Add beef broth, diced tomatoes and green chilies, frozen corn kernels, taco seasoning and macaroni. Stir well to combine.
- Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to maintain a gentle boil. Cook for an additional 10 to 12 minutes, or until pasta is done. Stir occasionally while cooking.*
- Stir in shredded cheddar cheese and cream cheese until melted and blended.
- Top with chopped cilantro when serving, if desired.
*Be sure to occasionally stir pasta during the last phase of cooking to prevent from sticking to bottom of pot.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: cheesy taco pasta