This One Pan Chicken and Pasta in Tomato Cream Sauce is an easy 30-minute meal that’s perfect ANY time of the year!
Sign up for my email subscription and never miss a recipe!
Chicken and Pasta in Tomato Cream Sauce (One Pan!)
I love it when an awesome meal comes together in 30 minutes or less! Because honestly, now that warmer weather has arrived, I’d rather be outside working in my yard or playing with my dog, Baby in the evenings. Not only is this creamy pasta dish super fast and easy… it tastes absolutely amazing!
Besides, what’s not to love about chicken surrounded by pasta swimming in a tomato cream sauce?! Nothing. Serve it with a salad and crusty french bread and you’ve got a complete meal in no time flat.
The pasta cooks right in the sauce and chicken broth so there’s just one pan which means EASY CLEANUP… I’ll take it! 🙂Print
The easiest, most flavorful creamy chicken pasta dish that comes together in just 30 minutes!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or tenderloins, cubed
- 1 (24-ounce) jar pasta sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 8 ounces linguine pasta
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional: Fresh sliced basil, for garnish
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium high heat. Add cubed chicken and cook for approximately 5 minutes, stirring constantly, or until cooked thoroughly and browned. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Add chicken broth, pasta sauce, and Italian seasoning to skillet. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Add linguine and return to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for approximately 12 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
- Add cream and stir well to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Add cooked chicken and cook an additional 3 minutes, or until heated thoroughly.
- Serve topped with fresh sliced basil, if desired.