The easiest, most flavorful creamy chicken pasta dish that comes together in just 30 minutes!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or tenderloins, cubed
- 1 (24-ounce) jar pasta sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 8 ounces linguine pasta
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional: Fresh sliced basil, for garnish
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium high heat. Add cubed chicken and cook for approximately 5 minutes, stirring constantly, or until cooked thoroughly and browned. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Add chicken broth, pasta sauce, and Italian seasoning to skillet. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Add linguine and return to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for approximately 12 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
- Add cream and stir well to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Add cooked chicken and cook an additional 3 minutes, or until heated thoroughly.
- Serve topped with fresh sliced basil, if desired.