Light and flavorful, this Lemon Broccoli Shrimp Pasta is an easy and flavorful go-to shrimp recipe any night of the week.
Ohhhhh yes!!! I’ve put on a few pounds this winter, but will never be able to cut out carbs. So this recipe is my compromise – no heavy or creamy sauces, but still packed with flavor! The simplicity of garlic and lemon complement the shrimp perfectly and you’ve got your veggie in there too… so easy!
The best part is that if your shrimp are already peeled and deveined, this comes together in about 20 minutes. I can so deal with that, especially now that warm weather is here. Today it’s pushing 80 degrees (yay!) and there’s so much work I’ve been needing to do outside in my yard.
Needless to say, I DON’T want to be in the kitchen for hours! The cleanup is easy since you only use one pot for the pasta and a large saucepan for the shrimp and broccoli mixture.
- 8 ounces linguine or fettuccine
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add garlic and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add shrimp and broccoli and cook approximately 4 minutes (stirring frequently), or until shrimp are pink and opaque and broccoli is crisp-tender.
- Remove from heat and add lemon juice and stir to combine. Serve over cooked pasta.
- Category: Seafood
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: shrimp pasta, broccoli shrimp pasta