- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1–1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add corn, heavy cream, salt, pepper, sugar, cayenne pepper and nutmeg. Stir to combine.
- In a small bowl or large measuring cup, whisk together the milk and flour. Pour into corn mixture and stir to combine.
- Cook, stirring constantly for 4-5 minutes, or until thickened and corn is cooked.
- Season with additional salt, pepper, sugar, cayenne pepper and/or nutmeg if desired.
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy cream corn, creamed corn, cream style corn, corn recipes for Thanksgiving, creamed corn recipe