I’ve got your holiday brunch covered with this hearty and flavor-packed Easy Crab Quiche!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
This quiche is perfect for brunch, lunch or dinner. Add a salad and you have a full-on complete meal. I always use lump crab meat in this recipe, but you can also use backfin or imitation crab meat.
Using a refrigerated pie crust makes this quiche even EASIER. I use a combination of green and red bell pepper for color, but feel free to use one or the other.
This is an OLD recipe from the very beginning days of the blog that I’ve changed up over the years and wanted to update before Christmas… I didn’t even have photos of the original recipe! 😮
Crab Quiche Ingredients
(Olive oil, half and half and seasonings not pictured)
Originally published 12/18/11. Recipe revised and photos added 12/5/18.
- (1) 9-inch refrigerated pie crust
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 (8-ounce) container lump crab meat
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Form pie shell in pie dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add onions and bell pepper. Saute for 2-3 minutes, or until tender. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, half and half, salt, pepper, Old Bay and parsley.
- Add shredded cheese, cooked onion, bell pepper and crab meat. Stir to combine.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until eggs are set and crust is golden brown.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: easy crab quiche, crab quiche, crab quiche recipe, crabmeat quiche recipes, best crab quiche