This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
Light, zesty and fresh, this Cilantro Lime Poblano Slaw is a perfect side dish or topping for chicken and seafood.
Sign up for my email subscription and never miss a recipe!
With Cinco de Mayo approaching, I know there’s gonna be a lot of tacos made… am I right? This slaw is a perfect side dish for just about any Mexican food! It also is a great topping for grilled fish and chicken.
Poblano peppers are so rich and flavorful, but aren’t hot at all. This slaw definitely has flavor, but won’t overpower your main ingredient on your tacos if you use it as a topping. I used it as a topping on these amazing Chicken Tacos!
I hope everyone has a great Cinco de Mayo, and be sure to make this slaw if you’ll be having a Mexican feast like I am!Print
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt (more or less, to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (more or less, to taste)
- 1 small head of cabbage, very thinly sliced or shredded
- 3/4 cup loosely packed fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and diced (about 3/4 cup diced)
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, honey, lime juice, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss cabbage, cilantro and poblano pepper. Pour olive oil mixture over cabbage mixture and toss again to coat evenly. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate.