This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
This zesty and refreshing slaw is a perfect side dish or for topping chicken, seafood and tacos!
With Cinco de Mayo approaching, I know there’s going to be a lot of tacos made… am I right? This slaw is a perfect side dish for just about any Mexican food! It also is a great topping for grilled fish and chicken.
Poblano peppers are so rich and flavorful, but aren’t hot at all. This slaw definitely has flavor, but won’t overpower your main ingredient on your tacos if you use it as a topping. I used it as a topping on these amazing Chicken Tacos.
I hope everyone has a great Cinco de Mayo, and be sure to make this slaw if you’ll be having a Mexican feast like I am.
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt (more or less, to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (more or less, to taste)
- 1 small head of cabbage, cored and very thinly sliced or shredded
- 3/4 cup loosely packed fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and diced (about 3/4 cup diced)
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, honey, lime juice, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss cabbage, cilantro and poblano pepper. Pour olive oil mixture over cabbage mixture and toss again to coat evenly. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate.
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: cilantro lime poblano slaw