Take Taco Tuesdays to a whole new level with this easy, filling and delicious Cheesy Taco Bake!
Sign up for my email subscription and never miss a recipe!
This was the result of another one of those days organizing the cabinets in my kitchen. I had this half-bag of tortilla chips that were crumbled so badly I couldn’t do much with them.
And Mexican-style corn.
There was also ground beef that needed to be cooked… so I threw together what I thought would be good in a baked taco casserole.
The ingredients are so simple, yet taste so good together! Crushed tortilla chips, ground beef with onions and taco seasoning, refried beans, Mexican-style corn and sharp cheddar cheese.
Bake it and top it off with your favorite taco toppings. My favorite toppings are lettuce, tomatoes, sliced black olives, sour cream and cilantro.
I also added lots of taco sauce to my bowl… salsa would be great as well!
This casserole seriously comes together pretty quick. Once the ground beef is cooked and it’s assembled in a casserole dish, it only takes about 15 minutes to heat.
How can you go wrong with a quick dinner with all of this taco goodness going on?!Print
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 (1-ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1/3 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 1 (16-ounce) can refried beans, stirred well
- 1 (11-ounce) can Mexican-style corn, drained well
- 1-1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Your favorite taco toppings such as lettuce, diced tomatoes, black olives and sour cream
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Cook ground beef and onions in a large skillet over moderately high heat until beef is browned, crumbling while cooking. Drain in a colander and return to skillet. Reduce heat to medium low and add taco seasoning and water. Stir well to combine and cook for about 3 minutes, or until sauce is thickened.
- Grease or spray a 8×11 baking dish with cooking spray. Place tortilla chips in bottom of dish, then evenly dollop refried beans over tortilla chips. Spread refried beans over chips.
- Spread corn over refried beans. Evenly spread beef mixture over corn and top with cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until thoroughly heated through and cheese is melted.
- Top with your favorite taco toppings.
Inspired by Taste of Home