- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 (1-ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1/3 cup water
- 1–1/2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 1 (16-ounce) can refried beans, stirred well
- 1 (11-ounce) can Mexican-style corn, drained well
- 1–1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Your favorite taco toppings such as lettuce, diced tomatoes, black olives and sour cream
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Cook ground beef and onions in a large skillet over moderately high heat until beef is browned, crumbling while cooking. Drain in a colander and return to skillet. Reduce heat to medium low and add taco seasoning and water. Stir well to combine and cook for about 3 minutes, or until sauce is thickened.
- Grease or spray a 8×11 baking dish with cooking spray. Place tortilla chips in bottom of dish, then evenly dollop refried beans over tortilla chips. Spread refried beans over chips.
- Spread corn over refried beans. Evenly spread beef mixture over corn and top with cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until thoroughly heated through and cheese is melted.
- Top with your favorite taco toppings.
Inspired by Taste of Home