If you’re on a low carb diet (or just want to eat healthier)… you’ve GOTTA try this Cauliflower Pizza Crust!
It is fairly simple to prepare and you can’t taste any cauliflower in it (I didn’t anyway).
I like to bake my cauliflower pizza crust in a cast iron skillet. I’ve used a 9-inch skillet and a 10-½ inch skillet using this same recipe. Obviously the 10-½ inch skillet yielded a thinner crust.
I tried to use a 12-inch round pizza pan and there was not enough of the cauliflower “dough” to spread the entire perimeter of the pan, so I’d recommend using a 9-inch round pizza pan, a 9-inch cast iron skillet or a 10-½ inch cast iron skillet for a thinner crust.
You’ll bake your crust until golden brown, then add your desired amount of sauce and toppings and broil until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- Total Time: 27 mins
- Yield: 1 pizza crust
A delicious, low-carb pizza “crust”!
- 2 cups shredded fresh cauliflower (about ½ large head of cauliflower)
- 1 large egg
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F.
- Remove leaves and stems from cauliflower.
- Shred cauliflower using a cheese grater (2 cups).
- Place cauliflower in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 8 minutes.
- Mix microwaved cauliflower with remaining crust ingredients (egg, cheese, garlic powder, Italian seasoning).
- Press crust mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch pizza pan or cast iron skillet that has been greased.
- Spray top of crust with cooking spray.
- Bake for approximately 9 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and change oven setting to “broil” while you prepare the toppings.
- Spread desired amount of pizza sauce over the crust and sprinkle mozzarella cheese over sauce.
- Spread your desired toppings over the pizza.
- Place under the broiler for 3-5 minutes, or until golden brown and cheese is bubbly and hot.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 17 minutes
- Category: Pizza
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cauliflower pizza crust
Adapted from RecipeGirl.com and LowCarbFriends.com
Just tried this pizza. And oh man it turned out amazing!!!
Amy @ The Blond Cook
Thanks so much, Christina… so glad you enjoyed it! 🙂
I LOVE THIS IDEA AND USE MY CAST IRON FOR MANY MEALS. MY QUESTION IS WHY COULDN’T YOU DO THIS ON TOP OF THE BURNER AND GET THE SAME RESULTS????????? IM GOING TO HAVE TO TRY IT AND SEE IF IT WORKS. WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS????????????