If you’re on a low carb diet (or just want to eat healthier)… you’ve GOTTA try this Cauliflower Pizza Crust!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
It is fairly simple to prepare and you can’t taste any cauliflower in it (I didn’t anyway).
I like to bake my cauliflower pizza crust in a cast iron skillet… I’ve used a 9-inch skillet and a 10-1/2 inch skillet using this same recipe. Obviously the 10-1/2 inch skillet yielded a thinner crust. I tried to use a 12-inch round pizza pan and there was not enough of the cauliflower “dough” to spread the entire perimeter of the pan, so I’d recommend using a 9-inch round pizza pan, a 9-inch cast iron skillet or a 10-1/2 inch cast iron skillet for a thinner crust.
You’ll bake your crust until golden brown, then add your desired amount of sauce and toppings and broil until the cheese is melted and bubbly.Print
- 2 cups shredded fresh cauliflower (about 1/2 large head of cauliflower)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Remove leaves & stems from cauliflower.
- Shred cauliflower using a cheese grater (2 cups).
- Place cauliflower in a microwave safe bowl & microwave for 8 minutes.
- Mix microwaved cauliflower with remaining crust ingredients (egg, cheese, garlic powder, Italian seasoning).
- Press crust mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch pizza pan or cast iron skillet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Spray top of crust with cooking spray.
- Bake for approximately 9 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and change oven setting to “broil” while you prepare the toppings.
- Spread desired amount of pizza sauce over the crust & sprinkle mozzarella cheese over sauce.
- Spread your desired toppings over the pizza.
- Place under the broiler for 3-5 minutes, or until golden brown and cheese is bubbly & hot.