This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
Some of the best things happen by accident… like these amazingly delicious (and easy) Carrot Cake Crescent Rolls!
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
Seriously. I don’t know how this happened. I went out to eat lunch with my boyfriend and he showed me a picture of this beautiful carrot cake cheesecake on Facebook. It looked so good I couldn’t get it off of my mind. Then we went to his place after lunch and I started looking at different recipes on my phone (it’s a hobby of mine… I can’t help it!).
I was looking at a few crescent roll dessert recipes and thought, “Why can’t I put a carrot cake spin on a crescent roll?”. Then my mind started racing. It took me more than one time to get these like I wanted them… full of shredded carrots in a decadent creamy cream cheese mixture with brown sugar, spices, pecans and raisins. 😮
These start with a mixture of softened cream cheese mixed with shredded carrots, cream cheese, brown sugar, ground nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla. Spread the mixture on the crescent roll and top with raisins and pecans. Roll ’em up (loosely), brush with melted butter and sprinkle with a little more cinnamon and nutmeg.
These taste just like a miniature carrot cake… but the time is slashed in way less than half!
For the Carrot Cake Crescent Rolls:
- 5 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup shredded carrots (about 1 large carrot peeled and shredded)
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg and additional for sprinkling on top of crescents, if desired
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon and additional for sprinkling on top of crescents, if desired
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8-ounce) can crescent rolls
- 1/2 cup seedless raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
For the glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon water or milk
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, carrots, brown sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla. Stir well to combine.
- Arrange crescent roll triangles on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Using a spoon, evenly distribute carrot/cream cheese mixture on each crescent roll (about a heaping tablespoon for each triangle).
- Sprinkle evenly with raisins and chopped pecans. Loosely wrap each crescent roll.
- Brush the tops of each crescent roll with melted butter and sprinkle with extra cinnamon and nutmeg, if desired.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- During baking, prepare glaze by stirring powdered sugar, water (or milk) in a medium bowl until combined and smooth. Drizzle glaze over crescents once removed from oven.