For the Carrot Cake Crescent Rolls:
- 5 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup shredded carrots (about 1 large carrot peeled and shredded)
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg and additional for sprinkling on top of crescents, if desired
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon and additional for sprinkling on top of crescents, if desired
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8-ounce) can crescent rolls
- 1/2 cup seedless raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
For the glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon water or milk
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, carrots, brown sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla. Stir well to combine.
- Arrange crescent roll triangles on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Using a spoon, evenly distribute carrot/cream cheese mixture on each crescent roll (about a heaping tablespoon for each triangle).
- Sprinkle evenly with raisins and chopped pecans. Loosely wrap each crescent roll.
- Brush the tops of each crescent roll with melted butter and sprinkle with extra cinnamon and nutmeg, if desired.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- During baking, prepare glaze by stirring powdered sugar, water (or milk) in a medium bowl until combined and smooth. Drizzle glaze over crescents once removed from oven.