By using leftover or pre-cooked chicken, this Buffalo Bacon Chicken Dip is a cinch to prepare and comes together in about 30 minutes!
It’s the season for holiday gatherings with tables overflowing with appetizers. It’s also the season for hectic schedules, shopping and deadlines. If you’re pushed for time and need to throw together a delicious appetizer that everyone will love, this is your recipe.
Since my dog Chance has not been feeling well, his appetite has been through the roof. I feed him a mixture of lean meat, brown rice and veggies at least 4 times a day, which is very time-consuming to prepare. I’ve found that pre-cooked rotisserie chickens are the way to go recently, as most times they’re less expensive than buying a raw chicken.
I’ve been wanting to try this dip, and saved a couple of cups of shredded chicken to use for it (don’t worry, Chance didn’t suffer… I bought 2 chickens). You can also use canned chicken if you’re really in a hurry. I also happened to have some packaged bacon recipe pieces that I threw in for a subtle hint of bacon flavor, but you can omit them if you choose.
This bold and hearty dip is a perfect appetizer for any holiday or football gathering. Serve warm with celery sticks, crackers, or tortilla chips… and enjoy!Print
By using leftover or pre-cooked chicken, this easy dip comes together in 30 minutes!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup cooked bacon pieces
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Transfer to a 1 quart baking dish and bake for 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve with celery sticks, crackers or tortilla chips.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: buffalo bacon chicken dip
Adapted from FranksRedHot.com