Today’s recipe is sponsored by Finlandia™ . All opinions shared are my own.
If you’ve got a few dozen clams and a few staple kitchen ingredients, you’re just 15 minutes away from these incredibly flavorful Buttery Garlic Steamed Clams!
I’m so fortunate to live on the coast and have access to local seafood. I’ve always been a fan of just about ANY kind of seafood, but can probably eat my weight in these clams. No lie.
It’s always nice to have a quick, easy and delicious seafood recipe on-hand… especially during the holidays! What I love about this recipe is that you can serve these clams as an appetizer or serve them over a bed of pasta for a meal. A win-win situation here!
And this velvety, buttery, garlic white wine sauce is what MAKES these clams. If you eat these without pasta to soak up all of that goodness, make sure you’ve got plenty of crusty baguette slices. This is a MUST!
Finlandia has been making butter and cheese in Finland for over 100 years with no artificial ingredients. They treat their cows like family which is sooooo important to me. Anyone who knows me knows I’m an animal lover.
I am a Finlandia ambassador and a contestant in the Finlandia Butter Recipe Contest. The winner of the contest receives a trip to Finland (ohhhh which I would so much LOVE!). I’d appreciate your vote if you could take a moment to vote.
The contest runs until December 14th, 2016 and you can vote every day. The contest is now closed… thank you for your votes!
You can vote here and YOU have a chance to win $1000 just by voting! (Contest sponsored by Finlandia)
- 5 tablespoons Finlandia Unsalted Butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 dozen little neck clams, rinsed and scrubbed
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Wedges from 1 lemon for garnish, if desired
- In a large skillet (that has a lid), melt 2-1/2 tablespoons of the butter over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
- Add wine and lemon juice. Bring to a boil.
- Add clams and remaining butter. Cover and steam until clams have opened (about 7-8 minutes). Occasionally shake skillet while steaming.
- Discard any clams that do not open. Sprinkle evenly with parsley and garnish with lemon wedges, if desired. Serve with a french baguette or over a bed of cooked pasta.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Finlandia™. The opinions and text are all mine.